During FY2015, RISS continued to demonstrate its value and benefit to law enforcement by providing critical information and intelligence sharing resources, investigative support services, and officer safety and deconfliction services. RISS supported more than 9,000 local, state, federal, and tribal law enforcement and criminal justice agencies in their effort to successfully resolve criminal- and terrorist-related investigations and ensure the safety of officers and the communities in which we live.
The FY2015 RISS Services and Activities Report highlights RISS’s services and resources, partnerships, initiatives, and successes in FY2015. RISS continued to provide exceptional services and solutions for its agencies and partners. Below are examples of its FY2015 accomplishments.
- Supported hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officers and criminal justice professionals.
- Served agencies of all sizes, from the small departments to agencies employing hundreds of officers and agents.
- Developed 74,520 analytical products.
- Loaned 3,562 pieces of specialized equipment.
- Responded to 68,018 requests for research and technical assistance.
- Sponsored or cosponsored 826 training opportunities and helped train 40,315 individuals.
- Enabled users to conduct 5,986,456 inquiries to RISS resources.
- Member agencies grew to 9,001, and the RISS Secure Cloud (RISSNET) authorized users increased to 131,505.
- Increased the number of available investigative records to more than 42 million.
- Increased the number of Secure Hosted Websites to 37.
- Increased the number of RISS Officer Safety Event Deconfliction System (RISSafe) Watch Centers to 28. Users submitted 209,109 events into RISSafe, which resulted in 40,705 identified conflicts.
- Added additional intelligence and partner systems via RISSNET, expanded federated access to resources, and worked with event deconfliction partners to enhance officer safety.
Statistics are only one way to measure the value of RISS. The real successes come directly from agencies and officers. View the RISS Impact Website (www.riss.net/Impact) to read example success stories.
Every day, officers, prosecutors, and public safety officials across our nation use RISS to help detect, deter, prevent, and respond to crime problems; to keep themselves and the public safe; and to prosecute and convict offenders. Without RISS’s services, narcotics, stolen property, and other contraband, as well as violent offenders, gang members, and other criminals, might still be on our streets. RISS is a vital program that law enforcement and the public safety at all levels cannot do without and an excellent return on investment for our nation.